Joomla 3.1.0 Stable
The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the availability of Joomla! CMS 3.1.0 Stable. Joomla 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla CMS, with Joomla 3.1 the second minor release in this series. The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
Learn more about Joomla! development at the Developer Site. Please note that going from Joomla 3.0 to 3.1 is a one-click upgrade with backward compatibility and is NOT a migration. The same is true is for any subsequent versions in the Joomla 3 series. If you're running a Joomla 3.0 site, please use the one-click upgrade to get the new features and the latest bugs fixes for 3.1.
What are the new features of Joomla! 3.1?
- Tags (click here to see the recent blog post about it)
- Added note form field
- Show logs in debug console
- Refactor installation to use new application and MVC classes
- Added pagination in COM_SEARCH component
- Added triggers on save for com_config
- JPlugin autoloadLanguage property
- Added SQL Server subclass for FinderIndexer
- Media wiki package
- OpenStreetMap package
- UNION ALL feature
- Removed the GeSHi plug-in
What are the other new features of the Joomla! 3 series?
- Incorporation of Twitter Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template--Isis-- and interface.
- A new front end template--Protostar-- built using Twitter Bootstrap
- Updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS
- Multilanguage: adding items associations in remaining core components.
- Language Installation tool for the Joomla Installer.
- Items associations in multi-language
- Allow different update packages for different version dev levels
What bugs have been fixed in Joomla! 3.1?
There are a whopping 242 bug fixes for Joomla 3.1. Because of the large number of fixes, we have listed them separately on the following page: